Robert Varner Attorney Bio
- Aviation Litigation
- Business & Commercial Law
- Personal Injury
- Professional Malpractice Law
- Real Estate Law
- Medical Malpractice
- Business Litigation
- Trucking/18 wheeler Accidents
- Explosion and Burn Accidents
- Texas, 1991
- Virginia, 1992
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1992
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 1992
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1992
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1992
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1992
- 2005-2016 – Texas Super Lawyer each year (only the top 5% of the lawyers in each state can earn this distinction each year)
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America Member
- Dallas County Bar Association Member
- American Bar Association Member
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association Member
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers Member
- Registry of Outstanding Professionals Member
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum Member
- Top Trial Lawyers in America Member
- Lawyer Pilots Bar Association Member
- Carrington, Coleman, Sloman & Blumenthal, LLP
- Sayles & Lidji, P.C. – Business & Commercial Law, Employment Law, Litigation & Appeals, Personal Injury, Professional Malpractice Law, Real Estate Law, Toxic Torts, Medical Malpractice, Business Litigation
- University of Virginia School of Law, Charlottesville, Virginia, 1991, Doctor of Jurisprudence
- Law Review: Virginia Tax Review, Board of Editors, 1989 – 1991
- Clinch Valley College of the University of Virginia, 1984, B.S., Major: Biology
Bobby Varner has a wealth of real world experience that has proven to be invaluable when coming to the rescue of his clients. Bobby’s life experiences, unmatched by most in his profession, make him uniquely qualified to handle a broad range of catastrophic personal injury and business injury cases. Bobby is an experienced heavy equipment operator, coal miner, cattle rancher, farm equipment operator, motorcyclist, and certified rescue diver.
He has operated railroad locomotives, worked as an emergency medical technician and CPR instructor, a security guard, a bouncer, an embalmer, and is an active real estate investor who has owned and operated several businesses. He is also an instrument-rated private pilot, actively flying his own aircraft to complete missions for Angel Flight (providing free air transportation for sick and terminally ill patients) and the Homeland Security Emergency Air Transportation System (providing volunteer pilot services to respond to small local and major national disasters or tragedies).super-lawyers-logo
Bobby has used his vast experience to handle cases filed across the country — from Massachusetts, to Virginia, to Washington, to California, to Arizona and all across the great State of Texas. Bobby has tried numerous cases and has acted as lead counsel in a variety of cases in different areas of the law.
Bobby concentrates on catastrophic personal injury and death cases, with an emphasis on aviation, auto, trucking and industrial equipment accidents, industrial explosions, defective products and work-related accidents. He also focuses on commercial litigation, often representing minority shareholders and small companies who have suffered from the abuse of power by larger companies and interests. Bobby has represented several Fortune 500 companies, and is currently General Counsel for a leading fractional aircraft ownership company.
Bobby takes pride in his availability to clients, handling only a few select cases, and returning every phone call and every e-mail, every day. In addition to business contact information, every client has access to his home phone, fax, e-mail and mobile numbers.
Bobby graduated from the University of Virginia’s College at Wise with a B.S. in Biology in 1984. After working for 4 years, Bobby returned to school and graduated from one of the top ten law schools in the country — the University of Virginia School of Law (ranked number 7), where he was a member of the Virginia Tax Review. After law school, Bobby went to work for the prestigious Dallas law firm of Carrington, Coleman, Sloman & Blumenthal, LLP, where he first met Mike Braden. After only 2 years of practice, Bobby was offered a shareholder position and helped establish the Dallas law firm of Sayles & Lidji, P.C.
Bobby is admitted to practice in Texas and Virginia, the United States District Court for the Northern, Eastern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas, the U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court. He is a member of the Dallas County and American Bar Associations, the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers, the Registry of Outstanding Professionals, the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, the Top Trial Lawyers in America, and the Lawyer Pilots Bar Association. Bobby has been selected by his peers as a Texas Super Lawyer each year from 2005 to 2014, an honor bestowed upon only the top 5% of the lawyers in the State of Texas.